Reddit Dark Mode – Dark Mode In the Mobile App, and More
Reddit Dark Mode
Reddit dark mode is an online platform specifically designed to follow topics and topics of interest to you.
It works more or less like a Facebook group: once you request to join and are accepted, you can start posting content to the group.
It is an addictive platform, and if you spend too much time on it, you may want to know how to activate the dark mode to protect your eyes, and here we tell you how to do it.
How to Turn on Reddit’s dark mode on the computer version?
- Log in to the Reddit page or create an account if you don’t already have one
- On the home page, click on the icon in the upper right corner, the one that says your username
- Among the options, you will see that of “Dark Mode.”
- Flip the little switch to activate dark mode
- Browse Reddit with dark mode and protect your eyes from screen light
How to Turn on Reddit’s dark mode in the mobile app?
Open the Reddit app on your phone. If you don’t consume it yet, you can download it here for Android and here for iOS
- On the home screen, select your avatar in the upper left corner
- At the bottom of this menu, select the moon icon
It will activate the dark mode in the Reddit app, and you can deactivate it in the same way
A bit of history on dark mode:
- Millennials strength does not relate, but some of the earliest home computers used monochrome CRT monitors.
- Which showed greenish text on a black screen.
- Many early word processor machines. (yes, there were dedicated machines for what you can now do on Microsoft Word) also allowed for typing white text on a black background.
- It altered in the 80s when companies like Xerox and now-defunct CPT Corporation made word dispensation.
- The machines with a white screen with black text. It was done to replicate the look of ink on paper.
- Reckless forward a few decades and dark mode is back in full swing.
- companies like Apple and Google heavily promoted dark themes for all their products, and the world shadowed suit.
Why should you use dark mode?
Here, the most commonly known and scientific advantage of the dark mode is that it saves energy consumption on OLED or AMOLED displays.
- Happening OLED panels, each pixel is individually lit. When the background is white. Altogether the pixels are turned on, and the display demands more power.
- Once pixels are black or even dark grey, the display’s power requirements are naturally lowered, like the dark mode case.
- The power-saving ability of dark mode is incomplete to OLED screens, so phones, monitors, and laptops with LCD shows don’t benefit from it.
- That’s since LCD screens illuminate using a back panel that always lights up completely.
- The additional utility of dark mode we so often hear about is that it cuts harmful blue light.
- Blue light is a high-energy noticeable light spectrum with the shortest wavelength.
- The primary natural source of blue light for human beings is the Sun, but our phones emit trace amounts of blue light, too.
- Rendering to a Harvard Health paper, excessive exposure to blue light can suppress melatonin secretion.
- A hormone is significant for getting proper sleep at night. It’s not something you should be concerned about, though!
- Businesses often make sweeping claims about how dark improves visibility reduces eye strain.
- And also makes it easier to use a device in low light. But that’s not always the case.
Why shouldn’t you use dark mode?
- Though many people feel more comfortable using dark mode in dimly lit conditions, it’s not always advisable.
- Humanoid beings are adept at seeing things more clearly in the daytime and not at night.
- We have changed to see dark on light, whether objects in our natural surroundings during daylight or written text on paper.
- Thus in the most primal of ways and for reasons of better contrast, we should see dark on light somewhat than the other way around.
- A significant moot point against dark mode use for better visibility is light on dark theme. Mainly for text, it is not necessarily suitable for everyone.