Airbrush Makeup – Equipment, Advantages, and More
The airbrush makeup equipment contains a sprayer or airbrush similar to those used in design or illustration, a hose, a small compressor.
- Here the airbrush is a staining technique comprising spraying the face or body using the air as a vehicle; therefore, this application technique does not reach the skin.
- However, the liquid foundation or colored foundation should flow smoothly through the airbrush (although not all product brands are equally acceptable or of the same quality) due to the pigments’ small size.
- Here the airbrush makeup offers a smooth finish with a very blurred texture, widely used in photography, film, and television. It is ideal for close-up shots.
- Here as there is no interaction between the applicator and the airbrush, makeup can be applying to different people without a direct connection between these people’s skin.
- The models are pretty fond of [airbrush makeup] because it reduces the pull on the skin when traditional makeup is applied.
Why airbrush makeup?
Fast application for many stains in series, precision, durability, ultra-fine finish texture with natural finishes is advantageous.
And also, in the case of bridal makeup, a longer duration is sought without requiring touch-ups.
The makeup product for the airbrush:
- Likewise, as with conventional makeup products, we will find helpful and insufficient makeup products.
- However, the makeup for airbrushing is expressly using tiny pigments to clog the airbrush ducts (reservoir, cannula, and nozzle).
- Here the adequate size of the pigments is what provides a professional finish.
- Owing to this professional finish, translucent powder is not always and always necessary to set makeup.
- Here peer makeup firms like Kryolan produce fast-drying, smudge-proof airbrush makeup.
The equipment used for airbrush makeup:
- However, an [airbrush makeup] professional needs to provide the following equipment: A quality airbrush, compressor, hose, cleaning equipment, and basic makeup kits.
Uses of airbrush makeup:
- Fashion, film, television, and photography. Unpaid to their precision and perfection, they improve close-ups with digital photographic machines in these fields.
Lack of coverage:
- The makeup applied with an airbrush offers very little coverage, which will prevent us from effectively covering the visage corrections made before the application.
- Here is the base with the appropriate correctors. However, we will have problems when it comes to concealing dark circles, spots, scars, or wrinkles.
Achieving perfect tone:
- Through applying [makeup] using an [airbrush], we will not adjust the shade of the base once applied to the skin.
- And also, the sprayed tone is the one that will remain on the face once the product has been applying.
- Here we are achieving a mask effect and notable differences between the different skins of our body, ears, neck, hands.
- However, the makeup base application with a brush or sponge allows greater control of the appropriate tone.
- Here it is reducing the amount of product where there are excesses. With airbrush applications, this is almost impossible.
The application times:
- Although the [airbrush makeup] courses seem fast, they are not. Once using a spraying technique, we must cover any place where we do not want the product, clothes, hair, etc., to be deposited.
- The hairstyle will have been finished in bridal makeup, and it may be difficult to remove makeup residue from the hair.
- The nozzles and product tanks must be changed continuously to avoid unwanted traces that dirty the makeup.
- This course extends the application, drying, and fixing times excessively, which is not very practical in makeup where time is money.